Recipe This is an easy and quick recipe that can be made with any meaty fish such as salmon, mackerel etc. Trout works well as it has a more delicate flavour. Serves 4 Ingredients
- One medium size trout (or about 1 2 lb depending on numbers), or 2 large fillets of trout.
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, or pack of lardons
- Tagliatelle (verde): 4 portions according to package
- 1 tub of tomato, chilli and pepper sauce from Sainsbury’s
- Olive oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Pre prepare trout and wrap in foil and bake in a moderate oven for 20 30 minutes
- Flake fish meat keeping to large chunks, and discard bones and skin. Place to one side.
- Chop bacon and saute in olive oil until cooked, drain on kitchen paper and place to one side.
- Cook pasta until al dente, and drain. Leave in pan, but add a little olive oil tossed in to prevent sticking.
- Heat sauce in a separate pan or microwave.
- Add to pan of pasta and then add in fish pieces and bacon. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve with warm Ciabatta or herb/olives/sun dried tomato flavoured bread and green side salad.