This is an excellent and versatile recipe that can be served with either salad & new potatoes/chips or rice.
- Trout fillets – one per person (boned & skinned)
- Smoked bacon, one rasher per fillet
- Marinade – olive oil & a chopped chilli, if you like it hotter use two
- Coat the fillets with the olive oil and chilli marinade.
- Lay a rasher of smoked bacon on top the fillet
- Flip the fillet over so the bacon rasher is under the fillet
- Roll the fillet and trout rasher together to form a roll, secure with a cocktail stick
- Place the rolled fillets into a baking tray
- Bake in a hot oven – 250c for 18mins
- Serve with new potatoes and a crisp salad or alternatively chips and salad